Monday, May 28, 2007

End of an Era

While this has been one of the worst days of my MBA experience, it was also much less painful than I'd expected. Today Marco and George left Calatrava for good. And adding salt to the wound, we signed over the lease to three first years who will take over as of Friday. Ouch.

With George and Marco gone, I'm really looking forward to getting settled into my new place and then spending some time out of Barcelona, traveling around and visiting friends before work starts.

Fortunately my friend Roxana is visiting me from Romania (I worked with her at BBDO last summer) and kept me plenty busy today, keeping my mind off the two horribly empty rooms in the flat and the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. We hit the aquarium and La Pedrera, a first time for both of us to each. We had a great lunch at the market off Laietana, and of course got some serious shopping in as well. There are more farewell fetes tonight (Matteo, Fede, Oriol, Kyoko) but I just can't bear it at the moment. And after a long day of sightseeing and wandering around town, I'm delighted to know that the second my head hits the pillow, I'll be dead asleep and not thinking about my best friends dispersing around the globe.

George and Marco, thank you for everything. I am so lucky to have met you, lived with you, laughed and cried and danced with you. And I'm even luckier because I can count you as my best friends for life, no matter where we are. CALATRAVA FOREVER!!!!

August 29, 2005... Days after the arrival of the original Calatrava Guapos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This picture is INCREDI-BALL!

How relaxed you were looking before the term got started!