Sunday, April 13, 2008

You know it has been a tough year when...

...the easiest thing you've done since New Year is hurl yourself out of a plane from 9000 feet. Okay, so the only hard part was the 5 seconds before where I actually said out loud "OH. MY. GOD." But then it was that special now-or-never moment, where you tell yourself, geez, that Japanese girl who was totally freaked out just did it, so I can too. And off you goooooooooooo!



By the way, I'll totally go again, too. It was AWESOME. 2 seconds of insane stomach-turning free-falling madness, followed by 58 seconds of terminal velocity "are we really going anywhere?" thoughts, followed by 7 or 8 minutes of magical floating. Except for the 30 seconds where my partner decided to put us in a very tight spin toward the fabulous swimming pools of Costa Brava. That wasn't magical. That was just barfy. And he thought it was funny until I said, "No, seriously, voy a vomitar." End spinning!

No comments: