Friday, July 18, 2008

Slow on the uptake

Apologies once again for my lackluster blogging display of late. The fact is, I've barely been home in Barcelona in the past month. Between the move to Paris (which is supposedly happening Sept 1, but seems to have already sort of happened, since I seem to be expected there weekly) and my regular work travels, well I think I've been home for 8 days out of the last 30.

In the meantime, I'm overwhelmed with uncertainty. We've been waiting for all of this to be official since Frenchy graduated in early May, and it didn't really become official until nearly two months later. And in fact, in my opinion, nothing is official at all, since I haven't received the slightest bit of information about how this move is going to occur, financially, logistically, time-wise... zip.

Tomorrow we are headed to San Francisco. I mean, I've been home for four whole days, so it seems like the right thing to do. No, in all seriousness, I've been asked to speak on a panel about video games and advertising for the OMMA Gaming Conference. Pretty cool, huh? While I'm there I'll round out the week with some gaming-related meetings, catch up with old friends, and then stick around the US the following week for... VACATION. It's about time! Far too long coming, which is probably contributing to my frayed nerves. Just a week, but I'll manage to see my entire family all in one go.

And that's something else I really need right about now. In the last few weeks, I've noticed I suddenly feel really far from my family. Maybe it's simply because we haven't seen as much of each other as we usually do, or maybe I'm starting to feel ready to head back to the States again. Who knows. But hopefully a week of family time will be just the ticket to help get me through the coming weeks and months of stress, lack of security, frustration, and uncertainty for which I'm fully preparing.

Next stop, my home state of California!! (And I promise that I will fill this space in with all the past month's adventures, from Finland to Belgium and everything in between, on the looooooong flight tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope you are all fine!
Cheers
Alex