Saturday, July 14, 2007

Back in the EEUU

I'm sitting in Atlanta International Airport, waiting to board my flight to Lima. This is the first time I've been in the US since January 10, over six months ago... the longest I've ever spent away from the states. It's nice to be back. Airports in the US are really great. There was a woman playing a baby grand piano in the food court when I arrived. Who doesn't like a little tinkling of the ivories with their Big Mac? Super classy, I was impressed.

I landed here from Barcelona four hours ago, and I have nearly two hours still to go. No problem, I have internet access and there is a newsstand with trashy magazines (US Weekly! People! Star! Awesome!) dangerously close by. Larry King is on the flatscreen overhead, interviewing people who swear the saw aliens at Roswell. And I'm at a gate that hasn't had a flight in it for the past three hours, so it's nice and quiet. Ahhh, I love airports. Not enough, however, to stay here past 11:30, so I hope my flight leaves on time.

While I'm excited for my upcoming trip, it's weird to know I'll be away from Barcelona for three months. It has really become my home in the past two years... especially now that I've finally settled into my new flat. But that new flat is all packed up again and waiting for my return in October. In the meantime, I'll be "doing the Americas." Time to head south of the equator!

No comments: