Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Tuesday... it IS Tuesday, right?

In case anyone is interested, here are all the things I accomplished today, starting at 7:30am, when I woke up in a cold sweat from a dream about my dad getting pulled over by the cops for driving on the wrong side of the road in the UK. (Hmmmm.... I'm meeting him there next week. Should I do the driving?)

7:30 - 9:00am: Consider going running. Decide many times not to. Anyway, for some reason there are dudes on my terrace running big tubes up to the roof. Maybe I should keep an eye on things... and put some clothes on!

8:00am - 12noon: Unpack. Two whole boxes and two bags. I'm on fire!

12:30 - 1:30pm: See Dr. McCarthy about the laundry list of vaccinations I need before heading to South America: Typhoid, Yellow Fever, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B booster... I later realize I should probably get a tetanus booster (it's been a while) and ... do I need Malaria pills? According to the CDC, maybe I do. And a rabies shot?! Oh geez.

1:30 - 2:00pm: Drop off prescription at pharmacy. Everything will arrive tomorrow morning. In Spain they just give you needles and stuff and you can shoot YOURSELF in the butt with a Hep shot! Awesome! No thanks. I'll go back to Dr. McCarthy tomorrow.

2:30 - 4:30pm: Impressively improve sunburn at beach. I am lookin' faaaiiiiiine!

5:00 - 6:00pm: Snack on brown cheese (I will have to go back to Norway when I run out!), satisfy my internet addiction by researching all the vaccinations I forgot to ask for, listen to music to take my mind of the possibility of being bitten by a rabid burro. Marco's favorite song comes on. Cue irrepressible smile.

6:30 - 7:30pm: Miraculously sell Huy's beater of a moto (just kidding Huy, it's really nice) to Oriol's sister. This takes time because it doesn't start for a while. After jumping it and then learning it still runs WHEN YOU TAKE THE KEY OUT OF THE IGNITION (!!!! How awesome is THAT!!!!) I head home and get a call a few minutes later. Sold! Cross that off the list.

8:00 - 9:00pm: Accidentally go for a one-hour run. I forgot the beach was so far from my new flat. On my moto it seems like it's 5 feet away....

9:30 - 10:30pm: Scarf pasta and write blog. In an hour I'll head to La Fira (one of my favorites) for Lindy's farewell party. She's leaving tomorrow. We'll miss you Lindy!!!

So I'm not sure exactly what day it is, but I guess I'm still pretty productive. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Surfmonk said...

Malaria is much more localized than CDC statistics evidence. For example, I lived on a river system in the Amazon with almost none, whereas there were areas a couple of days by boat away where it ran rampant.