Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fondue Encore!


Tonight we had a fabulous Spanish class dinner hosted by Andreas. This was my second Friday fondue in a row and all I can say is that I'm glad there are only two Swiss people in our class because I don't think I could handle a third round of cheese and bread anytime soon. Don't get me wrong... it was a fabulous dinner, but I think I'm going to be carrying this cheese around with me for a while!

Our entire Spanish class went to Andreas's parents' home, aside from Francis and Jan-Erik who had left in the afternoon to go skiing. Their cheese-consumption spots were dutifully occupied by Blaithin and Ana.

At any rate, in order to prove that I do on occasion venture into the kitchen (if only to cut the cheese), some photos from the evening:


Please note the extreme concentration, not to mention the sheer skill and talent of my ambidextrous stirring!


Below, Robain (Netherlands), Ana (Portugal), Andreas (Switzerland), Jill (Belgium), Ali (UK), Carol (Chicago):


Next to me is Matteo (Italy), and Robain, Ana, Andreas, Jill, Ali, Carol, and Federico (Italy):


In less than 5 hours I have to get up because I'm driving with Marc, Pablo Royo, and Huy to Andorra for a day of skiing. I'd better get to bed!

No comments: