Friday, October 12, 2007

Visa. Check! Passport. Check!

So it has been nearly a week since I last wrote, and I apologize. The truth is, the life of the working woman just isn't so exciting! No, I take that back... I'm still managing to have plenty of fun while constantly expanding my carbon footprint, but because my day-to-day interaction is mainly with people whose first language is English, that alone cuts out the majority of funny happenings that normally occurred over the past two years.

One very incredible thing did occur this week, however. Monday was a holiday for some, including the Spanish Consulate. Keep in mind, I dropped off my passport and paperwork at the Consulate in NYC by 3pm on Friday. Tuesday morning I had a call before 9am saying I could pick up my passport and visa. They didn't work Monday and they closed tat 3pm on Friday. So this means that between 2:30 and 3pm on Friday my visa was processed, approved, and inserted into my passport. Amazing, huh? Makes you wonder why all the other stuff took FOUR MONTHS.

Not a moment too soon, either. I think not having my passport was starting to affect my mental health. Friday night I had a dream that I was being chased through Libya or Egypt or somewhere by a band of thugs who were rounding up all the women in the country to put them into slavery. I figured I'd just go to the border and escape and then I realized, "MY PASSPORT IS IN THE SPANISH CONSULATE!!" The weird part is that my co-escapee was Evgeny... a Russian and an American running for their lives in North Africa? Sounds good enough to spawn a sequel!

Anyway, I'm headed back to NYC this week for a two day conference on social networks so during one of my lunch breaks I'll pick up my Apostille and my passport and I'll be ready to move back to Barcelona at the end of October. At which point, it's anyone's guess what I'll be doing or where I'll be heading next. Woo hoo!

No comments: