Tuesday, October 02, 2007

One of those days

Today was, like the title says, one of those days. Nothing in particular went wrong or badly. Maybe I'm just coming down from a fantastic weekend in Barcelona, and adjusting to life here in Boston, where I know virtually no one and am far from friends and family. So I was feeling a bit melancholy as I left the office and headed to my French class. And then, as if on cue, something that never fails to lift my spirits and put a spring in my step popped up on my little blue ipod shuffle: La Dolce Vita by Ryan Paris. That early 80s Italian synth-pop classic. I seriously can never get enough.

And with that, miraculously, the day turned around. French class was fun. I went out for some food and vino with my new French class friend Lindy, and was home in time to watch The Biggest Loser on TV. (I have to get my proverbial fill of this show before I move back to Spain in a month.)

Anyway, in order that you can all feel the joys of La Dolce Vita, I present you with the video, which adds even more frivolity and fun:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard this song before, and I consider myself an 80s fan. This video shows that dancing in the 80s was all about matching lyrics with hand/body moves. Mr. Paris seems to get it effortlessly.

NoellieBellie said...

A definite classic. Glad to have been able to introduce you to it!

And I think your statement is correct, but don't forget the importance of the vest in the 80s. And rollerskates.