Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Career Week

Whew, I'm exhausted! We are nearly through day two of Career Week, and it has been a whirlwind. Yesterday we had a introduction to Career Services and then one of the professors gave the most charismatic talk so far. He's American (the first American professor I've met at IESE) and his talk was absolutely hilarious and very engaging. Unfortunately, he teaches in Section B, so he won't be teaching any of my classes.

After lunch, we had a big talk from the CEO of a company called Insights, which does personality testing and feedback. I suppose one could consider it a lot of mumbo-jumbo, but it was entertaining... for the first few hours anyway. By the end of the day, everyone was struggling to keep their eyes open. I found out that I'm a combination of "Sunshine Yellow" and "Earth Green," with the emphasis on the yellow. In other words, I'm the best. Really, did I need a personality test to tell me this? :)

Last night Casey and I went to dinner with a lovely couple I met through a friend of dad's. They took us too a very cool restaurant in El Borne, which is a newly-fashionable neighborhood not too far from mine. They are both dermatologists, so I'll know where to go if the MBA ruins my fabulous complexion.

So far today, we've been working solely on CVs. It's hard to work on a CV all day long! No wonder I've never tried it before... and never will again. We have been divided into small work groups for the afternoon (and we all met yesterday during the personality test thing) and all but one other person is Spanish. It's kind of fun to actually be helpful for a change, even if it's just for my translation abilities!

Casey has to return to NYC Thursday morning in order to take some meetings for a movie. I was really expecting to have him here till Monday so it's definitely a bummer, but at least I know he'll be back very soon.

No comments: