Thursday, February 16, 2006

66.66666666666667% complete

Two exams down and one to go. A wrap-up:

Woke up this morning and reviewed some more accounting and operational finance. I'm not sure if it did me any good (actually, I think it didn't) but what else was I going to do before the exams this morning? Had some breakfast, biked to school as usual.

Our Operational Finance exam started at precisely 9:30. I started with the questions on the last two pages, which weren't related to the case. This turned out to be a good idea because they were theoretical rather than case-based and I wouldn't have wanted to have tried to get through them all in the last few minutes of the exam. I did the case-based part second. The case was about a perfume company and it was confusing. I've never managed to finish one of these things properly, despite my best efforts, and today was no exception. My balance sheet wouldn't balance. People laughed when I said this, because that's the stupidest thing in the world, but that's the story of my life. My balance sheet just won't balance. I'm not sure what this means for my future...

After lunch I tried to review a bit more accounting, but it was pointless and at 2pm the exam began. I must've done something wrong because I thought it was kind of easy and everyone else came out saying it was the worst exam ever. I clearly missed something, but at least it felt nice at the time because I wasn't frustrated. I've decided I'd rather be dumb and not realize it than knowingly frustrated. I don't know what this means for my future either...

Now it's 5:30 and I've been home relaxing for about half an hour. It's a beautiful day out so I think I'll go running in a little while. And before that (and afterward) I'll review for tomorrow's Operations exam. PAAAAAAR-TAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with tommorrows exam. And don't feel neerdy, I also liked Operations a lot and if there's something I can assure you is that I'm not a nerd ;)
Animo ! ! !