Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back to Barcelona

No, not for good.... just for a long-ish weekend. Friday was the Annual Global Alumni Reunion, held here in BCN this year for nearly 2000 attendees. I arrived at 7:30 in the morning and had enough time to take a quick shower and slap on a suit and head up to the new building. Not much has changed in 4 months, aside from the fact that Avenida Pearson (where IESE is located) is now one-way. So I was almost smooshed by an oncoming car going the wrong direction at one point, but fortunately my reflexes weren't completely shot by my overnight flight. My left thumb worked well enough to beep the horn and confuse the other driver as he continued the wrong way down the street.

The most exciting part of the day was certainly a quick off-campus lunch break where I saw Thierry Henri. And Friday night Inigo our class prez organized a fantastic dinner at Orange around the corner from Calatrava for the 30 or so 2007 alumni who are in town this weekend. Yes, Calatrava.... Muktambar is living at my place while I'm away so I'm back at my old digs for the weekend. It's great to be back here, even though I still keep expecting George to emerge from his room in his underpants any minute. Oh well, can't have everything...

The weekend so far has been all about R&R (no choice, really, since I'm completely on the wrong time zone) and seeing friends. And tomorrow morning I'll head into the office to meet with my boss and then I have to go straight to the airport for my flight back to Boston. Short but sweet, and totally worth the travel time, no doubt about it. The good news is that I should be back here in about a month... and this time for good! Or at least for a while.

Group Shot!

Though I think I like this one better....

No comments: