Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Itis-Itis

I went to the doctor today to find out why I've been sick for two and a half weeks. She basically told me I have every possible above-the-neck -itis besides gingivitis and conjunctivitis. When she was rattling off the list, I felt like Forrest Gump when Bubba is talking about all the ways you can prepare shrimp. Sinusitis, laryngitis, bronchitis... Geez.

So now I have 12 days' worth of antibiotics to choke down (no, only 11 more left! woo hoo!) and not much else to show for all my fancy sicknesses.

These days in Spain are long, but they seem to pass faster than ever. It seems like one minute I'm deciding what to have for breakfast and the next thing I know, I've missed it because it's lunchtime. Then somehow it's 5pm and there's a soccer match on, and then only a couple hours later there's another one. Before I know it, I'll be sitting in Vlad's apartment in Bucharest wondering where the heck the beach went and why there are so many three-legged dogs hobbling around. So I guess I'd better really make the most of these last four (FOUR! oh no!) days in Barcelona before work (WORK! oh no!) starts.

No comments: