Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Serbian Presidents and Insect Bites

With great fanfare, this was the scene outside the office window yesterday. No, I'm not recycling old photos. Last time it was the Czech president, this week... Serbia! Woo hoo!







And now for the more fun part. I was bitten by what seemed like a mosquito while I was in the mountains on Friday. What started off as a small normal-looking mosquito bite appeared actually to be three small bites the next day. And by Sunday, I had developed a small blister in their place. On Monday the blister was pretty large and by yesterday it was the size of my thumb. If you are grossed out easily, don't look at the pictures. But if you have any clue on these matters, please tell me what the heck bit me and whether I need to worry about this!?!?!

Thanks!

(That's my thumb!)


11 comments:

Marcusrodri said...

AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

NoellieBellie said...

Don't say that!!!!! I don't want to die in Romania!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good thing you only got one of those bites. Imagine if you had walked into a whole nest of whatever dined on you and they had a feeding frenzy on the gourmet food imported from Barcelona!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooh, that looks exactly like a couple of stings I had 6 years ago on holiday in the US. Ended up going to the ER, being the novelty 'injury' of the evening with all the hospital's doctors coming out and having a peek at it ('oh, that looks interesting, we've never seen that before'... great, just what i DIDN'T want to hear!), and leaving with antibiotics and antihistamine. Still no idea what bit me. Annoying, but you won't die in all likelihood.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD.
Must have made a weird "plop" noise when you punctured it, haha!

-tvu said...

Quick!!! Get some proactive on that zit!!! hehe...

Lyndsey Medora said...

I think you might want to follow Suzy's course of action if it doesn't start to get better quickly.

-Nurse Lyndsey

NoellieBellie said...

Well thanks everyone for the constructive and not-so-constructive advice. :)

I ended up getting some stuff from the pharmacy and hopefully I'll be back to normal soon. Hopefully it won't leave a scar!

And yes, I was just telling my coworkers yesterday that I'm lucky it was just on my leg. Can you imagine if that were on your FACE???

Anonymous said...

wow!:( I think it was a flat(cimex lectularius)..happened to me a couple of year ago...but in another region of romania..don't scratch cause it gets bigger ...and go see a doctor

Catalonic said...

How on earth have you resisted popping that? I'm so jealous.

NoellieBellie said...

Oh I popped it, baby.

I stuck a needle in that thing and was actually really disappointed that it didn't produce a more exciting result. Some clear liquid almost like water came out and then I just had a deflated blister. How boring.

Now I think I will always have a scar to remind me of Romania.