Monday, April 17, 2006

April 17 - A realization

I was in the shower this morning when I realized that two years ago today I arrived in Barcelona to check out IESE, a week after learning that I'd been accepted to the MBA program. Wow, two years. I applied to the school without ever having visited, solely based on the fact that I always loved Barcelona and had always hoped to live here one day. I came to visit on my own, spent four days wandering around the city, and checked out a class which I actually have this term - Javier Estrada's corporate finance class. I must have been sitting with Section B, and I was in the exact seat that Matteo sat in last term. The weather was a mix of sunny and warm and drizzly and chilly, much as it has been today and probably will be all week. I just spent a few minutes trying to think of everything I've done in the past two years... It's impossible. Good thing I write everything down!

Anyway, today is the last day of spring break, and I can't say I'm particularly excited to get back to class tomorrow. No one is. Most of us - me included - need a vacation from our vacations, and I also need an extended vacation from corporate finance and operations strategy. And everything else! But unfortunately the clock keeps ticking, which means I need to get to work on cases for tomorrow morning.

Aside from unpacking and doing laundry, cleaning my room, etc. as usually happens after a trip, I also managed to have a fantastic lunch at El Asador De Aranda on Avenida Tibidabo with some friends of my parents. Of course I'd end up in a place where the speciality is lamb - lots of it - after a carnivorous week in Romania. Regardless, the place is fantastic, not only for the food but also for the building and its decor. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it!

No comments: