Friday, April 21, 2006

Thursday in Spain

Yesterday brought the usual classes and Thursday extra-curricular activities. After classes in Operations Strategy (where we discussed the Barilla pasta company's supply chain management problems), Competitive Strategy (a case about Ryanair), and Quantitative Methods (a short case about housing price modeling which I swear was not taught in English), we had Spanish as usual.

Here, Federico relaxes the bod with our Spanish teacher. He broke his ankle playing rugby in the Spring Fling 3 weeks ago.


After class:


After Spanish it was time for rugby practice. In our first-ever major calamity, Carol and Alexia crashed into each other during a play and Alexia got her first nosebleed. Very exciting!


Then I told the girls to "look tough." Um... this is the result.


Believe it or not, an American football club practices on the field after us. I have photographic evidence:


After rugby I had time to shower and read some cases for today (more about Ryanair, a technical note about aggregate supply and demand for Econ, and a case about Terra Lycos) before meeting up for a ladies' dinner. The wine was flowing, the chit chat was loud, and the claws only came out once or twice.



After dinner, it was off to the BOW, which was organized by the brand-spanking-new BOW committee of 1st year students. The second years have all finished classes and are relaxing and traveling around until graduation on May 5, so the BOW was handed down last week. After the bar closed, many of us headed to Universal, which is open till who knows when (I've never stayed there long enough to find out because I really dislike the place) and I finally caught a ride home at 4. When my alarm went off at 8 this morning, I thought it was a joke. A really sick joke... and then I realized I had to get ready for school. Not fair.

Tonight I'm planning to make up for the sleep I didn't get last night, but somehow things never work out that way here.... We shall see.

No comments: