Thursday, March 23, 2006

24 hours to go

24 hours from now, I will have just stepped out of my managerial accounting final and will most likely be headed in the direction of the school bar, along with about 200 other people. Not an original idea, clearly, but who's thinking about originality when you're completely braindead anyway?!

Today brought the third and fourth of our six final exams: Capital Markets and Marketing Planning and Implementation. That's a mouthful. I was really clueless on the subject of Capital Markets when this class started and now I'm proud to say that I'm somewhat less clueless, though certainly not un-clueless enough to get an A on this test or in this class. As long as I'm un-clueless enough to avoid a C, I'm happy. I finished the test quite quickly, which was a little strange... maybe I did the problems wrong, who knows. And at this point, who cares? It's over. Next!

I had hoped to study a bit for tomorrow's accounting test during lunch, but my brain was already too full and the sun was too bright and I had to sit outside and rest instead. A nice, well-deserved lunch break before the marketing exam, which I also finished rather quickly. It's hard to take a long time writing a test when you are given four questions and only allowed to use one side of a page for each. And especially when the professor stresses that he wants you to be concise. Concise I can do. The case was about launching a low interest rate credit card. I had prepared some notes covering the main ideas of the course and sent them to my team to help out. Today they were in almost everyones' hands before the exam. Funny, since just last night I was thinking how sad it was that no one ever asks me for help on anything ... well now I know at least my notes are good! It's nice to feel useful sometimes.

I haven't felt very great coming out of any of the exams so far, and though my perceptions about exams are usually wrong anyway, it's kind of disconcerting. And it's impossible to know how you did anyway when you're graded on a curve and so much depends on how your classmates did. Fortunately, by the time we get our results, it'll probably be spring break and I'll have forgotten these classes ever happened!

In the meantime, I can't say I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the night studying for the two hardest exams of the week. But at least this the last night! Good luck everyone. (Sorry George, I read your blog, but I can't help but wish people luck.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em, Noelle! I'll raise a toast in your honor when you're done.