Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving, and this will be the first time ever I won't be having turkey today. It's also the first Thanksgiving Day I didn't have off. The American students were slightly disgruntled. :) In accounting class this morning, Tim Sutton asked, "And now I'd like to ask the Americans in the room... How would you account for this differently under US GAAP?" I said we wouldn't, because we wouldn't be in the office today.

Today has been, mas or menos, business as usual. Morning meeting, accounting, analysis of business problems, lunch, decision analysis, home. But mom and dad arrived yesterday and came to drop off a giant care package of random American goodies this afternoon. We hung out for a few hours and then they went off to do touristy stuff so I could read accounting. I'm so lucky! They'll be back any minute so we can go to a non-turkey dinner. I'm very very tired so I don't think I'll be doing much after that aside from a faceplant into my pillow.

Tomorrow will be a long day. The usual 7am start (it starts getting light later every morning... this week I keep thinking my alarm is set for 5am instead of 7!), then meeting, accounting, decision analysis, lunch (mmmm luuuuunch), managerial communications, Spanish. After Spanish we all have to stick around even longer for this "press conference" in which we are all participating for a big group project for Organizational Behavior. After THAT... a rest, I hope. Then dinner at a fancy restaurant with mom and dad and then hopefully some window shopping and wandering, as the Christmas decorations have started appearing all over Barcelona!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noelle,
Thanks for your message. That day I was feeling the sinus headache. I am fine now.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.
--pradeep