Saturday, October 15, 2005

Didn't even have to use my AK...

... gotta say it was a good day.

Ahhh, Friday. Lovely. The best day of the week. Had our usual team meeting this morning to go through the cases for today. There were only two, because we had two sessions of ABP today, and one of accounting. It was nice to be in accounting class and actually know what was going on for a change, and know how to answer the questions. Thanks to Gabriel for that!

Classes were fine, and at lunch I tried to review an accounting case from last week in the library, but it was really noisy in there (I know, very strange for a library) and I got frustrated because I kept getting stuck on every single journal entry. I know that if I could just get the hang of it, I'd probably like almost(dare I say it?!) like accounting (I said it!) because you know when you've done it correctly. But for now, since I can't seem to do anything right, it's just frustrating. I need to practice more this weekend. Anyway, almost everyone is confused and lost.

After accounting and before Spanish, I was asked to play on one of the teams that has been formed for this IESE league. I was a little bummed that I hadn't been asked to play on any teams (aside from jokes about being a cheerleader) because I've played so much with everyone and they all know I don't suck. So even though I was planning to come straight home tonight and study and sleep, I really wanted to play soccer so I agreed to fill a spot on the team. I'm glad I did.

I had to race home (walking, because the traffic was too bad to take the bus) in the rain, change quickly, and then race back up the hill to the sports complex where we play. It was pouring by then, and it didn't let up the whole time. I played really well and scored a few goals and we won 11-4 (okay, so we had one extra player, but still). And now I officially have a team! Cool.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of trying to get a haircut because I'm starting to look like Shaggy, but without the stubble or the pot habit. I even slouch like Shaggy. And the rest of the weekend, more or less, will be devoted to studying. Hooray!

No comments: