Thursday, October 20, 2005

Humpday again

Well, I'm feeling a little better today... Okay, not really, but I'm trying. Last night was pretty brutal, but I'm lucky to be surrounded by friends here. A lot of people saw me upset after class yesterday, so I got a lot of phone calls and text messages wishing me well. After only two months, I feel like I've developed some really amazing friendships, and for that I'm very grateful.

This morning I woke up with what seems to be the start of a cold. Definitely related to staying up too late studying, plus effects of too much boo-hooing. Hopefully it will pass, like the last attempted cold. Had the usual team meeting this morning, then accounting. Everyone seemed confused in accounting today, and I actually felt like I knew what was going on. Strange.

Next we had marketing, with the case about the Sony EyeToy. Rockstar and Take 2 are mentioned in the case, which was cool, and so was I... just kidding. Carlos, the prof, brought a PS2 and the EyeToy to class and asked for a Playstation wizard and the class volunteered me. So I went up in front of everyone and made a tremendous fool of myself popping bubbles on a screen, standing in front of the class waving my arms around. I had seen people using the new version of the EyeToy at E3 in LA in May, and it was hilarious to watch, so I'm sure everyone got a kick out of watching me flail around. We then went on to actually discuss the case (too bad... EyeToy was fun) and since it happens to have been my business for the past 3 years, I was able to participate a ton. Much more than on the case about bubble wrap yesterday. Yeesh.

At lunch my team had a meeting with the professor in charge of our section (Section A) to see how we're doing and chit chat, etc etc. He's also our prof for Analysis of Business Problems. I asked him about resources for how to learn how to pull numbers from cases and he said that the school is working on a book and his chapter is actually the one on analysis, but that he hasn't started writing it yet. I asked him to please get on it! I should offer my proofreading services. After our lunch meeting, I studied for my Spanish test for a bit and then we had Organizational Behavior.

The Spanish test was next, and it seemed fine. I guess we'll get our results on Friday. Hopefully everyone passed because our class is too great to split up. Then, at 5, another team meeting to discuss a big analysis assignment we all have to turn in by Monday (I'm still lost on this one) and then I studied for a while. Played soccer at 9, got home around 10:45, and now I'm eating some food and writing this instead of finishing my homework. We have a test in Organizational Behavior tomorrow, and fortunately I prepared for that over the weekend. Plus some accounting which I again actually understood. And... ABP. Oops better read that.

Being busy is good. Keeps my mind away from other things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling this boo hooing is going to pass rather quickly. But keep it up for the weekend at least, so your parents will feel really sorry for you and buy you lots of new clothes and fancy dinners to take your mind off your heartbreak!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm? Let's see...haircut you don't like, boyfriend from la la land...timing is good...stars are lining up! So will you put up a flag or something when you're ready to start dating again?